View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Morning Glory
Administrator

Doug and I are the current moderators of this forum. I don't believe either of us have asked if a post is related to recovery. I also don't feel there is a need to rehash old complaints.

In all honesty I actually found Marius' article quite offensive. I also find his avatar offensive. In order to remain neutral since I am a person with faith I asked two other moderators with neutral beliefs if they found it offensive. They did not find it offensive so I left it as it was. I try to stay aware of my own triggers when moderating this forum and do not hesitate to ask for opinions.

I will say again that the thread starter requested that the thread be removed. That is their choice whether moderator or member.

As far as other forums being treated in the same way I would say yes. In fact I think this forum gets more leniency since there is a tendency to see us as being unfair. If a post had been posted on the Christian forum that called atheism ridiculous quackery and called their leaders walking corpses it would have been removed. There have been posts concerning other religions removed from the Christian forum also even though they truly believe the other religion caused damage in specific circumstances.

I put this forum up personally so you would all have a place to connect. My main objective has always been to make it a successful forum. All other forums of this kind have failed due to heated debates and flame wars. If I try to steer everyone away from that it is with the sole purpose of keeping this forum open and successful.
There are no other motives or personal feelings involved. If I am triggered I put my personal feelings aside and ask for opinions.