View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
howdoIknow

I love a bipolar alcoholic.

I think this may be the end. He left wednesday, came back thursday and we talked a little, then he left again, in a manic state saying "he just has to go right now". I have been sobbing for days. We have been living together for 2 years AND work together. Although it was an ajdustment, I feel I have been able to handle and be supportive of the the bipolar aspect. The alocohol abuse to "shut his brain off" is not something that I can live with. He is also on Lamictal, Cymbalta, and xanax. They seemed to be working wonders but his dr just raised his levels and it seems to be making him worse.

We have the same conversations over and over about the drinking. He started see an alcoholism counselor. It helps him short term. I have asked him to leave before (when he was drunk). Now it is hard for me to tell if it is alcohol or the pharmacy of medications he is on. That causes conflict, because when I ask him he gets defensive. He was very cold when he left, and I was trying to be calm and rational because it may be for the best. The I couldn't stand it and yelled to him as he was going, "No one could ever love you more than I do." He finally looked up at me and said "I know, & thats why I'm leaving. I love you and I don't want this to be your life." He said he was taking time to be alone, and he would come back today. He hasn't gotten all of his things and he said it was because it was "too final" for him right then.

Anyone have any insight? What do you think about the meds? Without alcohol as a factor, can we have a life together?