View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

My (now ex) and I had a big blow up in Jan. of 2004. It was the beginning of the end for us. But you know - from January to August (7 months), I am not aware of any time that he drank. He didn't go to AA or attend a treatment facility but he seemed really sincere in his feelings and his efforts to quit and get his life back together. However, in August when he did drink - he also encouraged my (then 15 year old son) to drink as well. They were out of state and he never thought I'd know. Later, he then convinced and guilted my son into lying to me (as son told me what happened) and had him try to tell me that he made it up and hadn't drank at all.

So, not only did my xah not drink for 7 months - he then went on to drink, encouraged our teenage son to drink, then manipulated my son into taking blame for lying about the truth.

You see, he only got better when he was working hard to get something (his family back) but when push came to shove - he was not only the same person he'd always been, but maybe even got a little worse as that was the beginning of putting our kid's in some rough spots.

Definately work on you - that's the only person you have control over.
Definately keep the focus on your life and what it is that you want.
And remember that trust is earned - and that takes time.
And time is the only real way in which a person can prove themselves and earn that trust back.

Just my thoughts.