View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

Even with all the helpful lessons and advice I get from this forum, I continue to have nagging thoughts that, in my interpretation, relate to the message of this parable. It's not that I think that I have some magical ability to cure my friend's addiction, but I keep wondering why two people, verrry unlikely to meet and become friends, would become so close if I'm just supposed to walk away when she gets caught up in the nightmare of addiction. Was it nothing more than chance or did HP cross our paths for a reason?

And if HP crossed our paths to teach ME a lesson, I sure wish He'd spell out what it is that I'm supposed to learn. I was quite peaceful and content before we met, and was very happy during the many years of our friendship. So, the lesson is... what?.. that I'm supposed to be miserable?? LOL
i know how you feel i have had the same thoughts too, maybe for that reason, i'm just now realizing that even if it was so, that i was not called to live the life that i've lived. i believe that sometimes the outcome of our lives has a lot to with the right timing.