View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Hi, we haven't met. My addict is my soon-to-be ex husband, and I did the Sherlock Holmes thing for 20 years. Wasted a lot of time and energy doing something that made absolutely no difference, except to make me as sick as he is.

He is just doing what we call 'quacking' around here. Take a deep breath and think about it, do you REALLY think he is going to tell anyone that he asked someone to send him drugs illegally? Who does that really make look bad? Not you, but him. He is just trying to scare you into compliance. My AH used to tell me all the time what a judge or a lawyer or our pastor would say about our relationship. It was all pure BS.

You need to understand that you DO have a choice here. Addicts keep us in line by getting us to believe that we don't have a choice and have to let them have their way. Stop covering up for him. Let him feel the consequences of his behavior. That is the only thing that will help him in the end.

Addicts keep using until the pain of using becomes greater than the pain of getting clean, and for some of them that takes a really long time, if it ever happens at all. Your choice is whether you want to gamble on it with your own life. If I had a 'do-over', as someone above said, I would've cut my losses with AH a long time ago.

(((HUGS)))