View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 04:35 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

Teke, that as a teen is exactly how I ended up with anorexia.
I was never gross looking like some, but it wasnt something I was trying to do, rather it was my subconscious way of dealing with emotional pain. They say its sorta a cant control whats going on around you so you control what goes in you, thing.
Truthfully I just wasnt hungry, Id take a bite and then feel nautious. It took alot to eat normally. Even a few years ago I wasnt considered underweight, drs had never been worried, I did eat but when I started counseling and discussed my mood swings she had me keep a mood and food diary. I went back 2 weeks later and she said my portions were that of an anorexic, I was like what do you mean, I ate 4 small meals a day, she said I was eating way too little, and the types of foods I was eating was contributing to low blood sugar and hence the emotion swings.
I was referred to a psychologist who specialized in eating disorders. Mine is stress induced, but its really a disease because the more meals I skip the less I want, sorta opposite of an alcoholic.

It was weird the psych didnt discuss eating but moreso filling my own voids and not trying to be superwoman