Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Jwife22

(((Marle))) Thank you. I'm hoping that when we do start trying it won't be so hard. I am also hoping that by the time we start trying, more advance medicines will be out there. With the polycystic ovarian syndrome (or disorder, or whatever it is), the probability of having miscarriages goes up. I'm hoping I don't have to go through that.

((((hope))) Thank you.

(((greet))) There are meds for it luckily. I started my Provera over the weekend and am anxiously waiting to see what happens.....

(((out))) Thanks. I am telling you, redoing that bathroom has been more work than I ever, ever expected.....we didn't even get it tiled. First, we had to put down a new floor because the wax ring under the toilet broke its seal and leaked water under the floor (our Crappy builders fault), so we rip up all the linoleum (SP) and take up that portion of the floor, then we put the new floor down. This weekend, RAH and I were spackling and painting the walls with primer so I can cover this dark green thats on there. Between waiting on the primer to dry and waiting on the spackle to dry, we didn't get the wall painted or the tile down....sheesh this is hard work.

(((diane))) Thank you. I know its only a percentage of women that have trouble conceiving and I may not be in that percentage. I believe that with prayers and when the time is right, we will be able to conceive. We aren't trying right now because I want RAH to have PLENTY of clean time behind him before we ever do. I don't want to bring a child into an environment where RAH is actively using.....

(((Helpus))) Thank you. I have already started researching it. I've printed out a lot of info and been reading it. Its not a rare disorder or anything, some women just don't know what it is and don't get checked for it. Its kinda something that the docs figure out when they've tested you for everything else.....

(((Donna))) Actually, I go to Ashley in Gastonia for my OBGYN. I love it there but will be switching to one that's located on Carmel Commons Parkway so when I do have a baby, I can have it in Charlotte. I want to have my baby at Mercy South. I just love the way they took care of my mom and its about the same distance there as it would be for me to go to Gaston Memorial. I refuse to have a child at my local hospital. Once when I was really sick, I went to the emergency room and I was in a hall bed right near central desk and they rolled a dead guy up beside me and left him there and started talking to the nurse. They were taking him from his emergency room to somewhere else......I thought that had other ways to do that then in front of other people........I'm sorry but seeing dead people gives me the heebie jeebies.

After reading a lot about it, I know I'll be okay. I think having something thats life long diagnosed to you is hard to accept at first. This diagnosis however explains ALOT about how I've been feeling and what has being going on with my body that I had originally just written off as stress, like losing a ton of hair in the shower everyday.

(((Wendy))) Thanks. That's what the doc said. I told her, I've been eating better, switched from mostly soft drinks everyday to having one soft drink a day and drinking water for the rest of the day. I started drinking a protein shake for breakfast every morning, started taking my vitamins, walking at least 3-4 days a week etc......BUT I STILL COULDN'T LOSE ANY WEIGHT......she said that insulin resistance doesn't allow your body to breakdown food like a normal persons would. Hopefully, when I get started on the Metformin, I'll be able to lose it. I can't start it until I am done with the 10 days of Provera though. It is harder for heavier women to get pregnant. The more weight you have on you, the harder it is. Its also harder on your body when you do get pregnant. It raises your risk of gestational diabetes among other things. With PCOS, I already have a higher risk of getting gestational diabetes and high blood pressure than a person with a normal pregnancy would. I sure don't need that additional risk on top of that.

((((Eagle))) Thank you. I'm hoping that when I do decide to have kids that I won't need IVF or any fertility meds......hubby's so funny. He thinks if I have to have any fertility treatments that we will end up with 6 kids at once. I try to tell him thats the extreme. He doesn't listen.