Old 05-07-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Grasshopper

Hi,you say,Venusinkibra,that youre finding it--weird--that he no longer wants you at these AA meetings....Not so weird,because his sponsor advised that you not come,so he is just following his sponsors suggestion,here.
You say also,that you think there is---something----He is probably feeling this in you.These are your feelings,here,based on what???.What are your reasons for wanting to go?bevcause you think there is ---something?Pros/cons,im not sure where this is coming from.Alcoholics share what it was like,what happened,and what their lives are like today-Things work out for everyone differently...
its great to try to get insights into this disease,called alcoholism.The focus is on ones---own--recovery.If i cant understand myself,and my part,there is no way that i personally can even begin to try and understand another....Can you hold off,until your loved one is more comfortable with you going?Get both, sponsors his/yours,in agreement of you going?If they dont agree,ask what are their reasons?Going to AA meetings are helpful but not vital for non-alcoholics recovery.But they are to the alcoholic...
Thanks for letting me share,,my expeiences,and opinions....smile...
Pray on this,please.
prayers for you both on your recovery journey.