View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dixied

I thank all of you frm the bottom of my heart for your replies . It has just been rough and to tell you the truth I have not so much anger as hurt and then those old feelings of being "used and abused" surface. I was just lied to for so long and when the truth came out I still stood by him and finally doing the tough love which was hard. My telling him he had two choices (1) rehab or (2) my signing papers for him to go to jail. To be honest when a mom (IMHO) has to do that then the relationship probably takes some time to heal anyway, right? Things are just so different. And maybe different is moving forward. At least that is how I am trying to see it. I do know that for so long he has been manipulative and maybe it's me but I don't think that behaviour goes away over night. Not even in six months sober. (my opinion)
My therapist said to remember that there is living clean and then there is living clean AND sober and that it is entirely two different lifestyles. I guess what I'll do is pray for the best for him and limit my contact for a while. Maybe my form of self-protection. thank you again......dixie