View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dixied

ready to throw in the towel

friends,

I am in a bad place now and am feeling so low. My RAS invited me over yesterday to see their baby. The visit went fairly well until as I was leaving the living room I saw a book he had been reading......the title was Toxic Parents. I dd not mention anything or react at all but now I am hurt beyond belief. Maybe I am wearing my feelings on my shoulders. Maybe the book hits too close to home.

All that I know is that I have supported him in his recovery. I have been there when most other parents would have said, no more. I just wonder what to do, what to feel. I am not going to address the book because he is now six months clean and he is attending meetings, and acting responsible. I understand he can certainly read any material he wants but the bottom line is that seeing that title really hurt me. I guess I just want to know that someone out there understands.

Also the book was out there in plain view. I did not snoop. But when I saw it well it was like someone slapped me. I really feel like giving up at this point. dixie