Old 05-03-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drainedwife

this is how my ah is thinking.....he doesnt "get it"

He says it is ridiculous that he cant stop using. he says he uses because he wants to use when he wants to "escape" because he feels so unloved by everyone, or very stressed at work, or if we are not getting along..thats when he uses....they are all EXCUSES to use.....if he could stop then why is he risking everything.....?? he says because he reaches a point when he just doesnt care about anything.

he says that in the past if he said he stopped and then weeks later did use, it was because of the above reasons i mentioned..why does he think that is normal?
If im uspet or depresed, i dont go to a drug dealer, but coke, come home and snort it...and he doesnt think its much different than alcohol....escaping lifes stresses by drinking...well, he has a point there! alcohol is a drug too!

i told him, lets bring up this exact converstion with our therapist and see what she says..i feel so bad that he just doesnt see it...its very sad...

Even if he can control his use, THATS A PROBLEM IN OUR MARRIGE THAT I DO NOT WANT!! i dont want any drugs in our lives!!!