View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hope3
Hope3

Hi again, I can't answer this in respect to him Quote SP:
"you have confirmed my underlying suspicions, that he is still drinking... but, can I ask you, are the lack of emotions a sign that he is still drinking, or that he is hiding something, or that he really doesn't care, or that the years of alcohol abuse has numbed his emotions to the point of no return?End quote"

But, I can say how I felt. You know how your mouth feels when you are injected with

novacain, well when I was drinking, even the sober hours of the day (and I only can tell by comparing to now) I didn't have havf of the emotions that I do now, It's really hard to explain...

So, is he drinking, I don't know, I can only say from what you described, you could have been talking about me.

I don't know what stage he is in, I was around middle stage (from what I read anyway) and have always been pretty sensative and emotional, for me numbness seemed to release with in 30 days and I had more guilt, crying, sorry's in me that it was making me sick... Hey but we are all different.. And men are another breed when it comes to sharing emotions, so it's so hard to tell.

In my heart, I would have to say it sounds like he is ashamed of being in this situation, however, it doesn't sound like he is owning up to the situation...I really don't think he will be able to move on without doing so....I thought I could, and I was just lying to myself, but I really believed it...I finaly woke up though.

Sorry I can't even quess if any of what he is doing is because he does or doesn't care anymore...

If you wanted to get back together, it sounds like there would be counseling envolved for both, but you can't do it for him, he really needs to step up to the plate. If he can't see what damage has been caused and that you should just get over it, that in my opinion is unexeptable..

I hope this is of some help, take care sugarpup, hope3

It's ok for you