Thread: Happpy Mom
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Happpy Mom

Got the word 9:30 this morning...Meg is out and home - Yippee!! This is the last of the consequences from her dui in 2005 (well no license still but that is a given and she knows bus routes...they even chose the new place based on location to public transportation)

The CO who supervises them on the work release program brought them pizza and wings for lunch yesterday to celebrate her leaving...that's the kind of impact this young woman makes (believe me, they ain't too friendly in there ) It was such a special treat for her and the handful of women she worked with.

She told me Sunday when I visited that despite all the sadness and stress and misfortune over this past year or two, she realizes she has so much in her life. Others leaving there face having to completely rebuild or return to a life of despair. She said she was grateful for a loving partner and "amazing" parents (good way to suck up to mom, lol) who supported her throughout the ordeal, a new home that her boyfriend found while she was there, enjoying our new weekend retreat with us when they can, and being able to finish her college semester because all her professors worked with her when she honestly explained the situation. I'm so happy for her and really, really proud of the young woman she has become...she has worked program hard and it shows. She and her boyfriend and his dad are coming over tonight for dinner...she asked if we could do that and told me what she wanted awhile ago...I think her mouth has been watering for a couple of weeks

It's a joyful day and this mom is so grateful that her HP watched over her, gave her strength to get through the ordeal and the wisdom and compassion to make a difference in the lives she touched in the jail for the last 2 months. I'm grateful for all the wonderful things I have in my life. Hugs and prayers for all of you and all the addicts we love.