Old 05-02-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dixied

just to get it through my THICK head..........here is the scenario.........you are in an interview ...all is going well. You are a recovering addict. The interviewer says point blank.........have you ever had a problem with drugs? And your reply would be..........? He has asked so how would you answer? Also if you were asked to resign from your last job due to problems related to drug usuage legally is that employer bound by law to explain that in a solicited reference by a prospective employer IF you did in fact resign and were not terminated? My son has asked me these questions. I have volunteered no info. other than for him to search the web and perhaps speak to an attorney(who is a family friend) about the correct and legal way to handle these questions. I guess we are wondering if they ask point blank ask questions then you are put in a position to answer and that is the concern of his. He doesn't want to lie by omission........anyway thanks for all of the help. dixie (He goes for a couple of interviews tomorrow. He is really trying and my heart goes out to him. He is just nervous .)