Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Hi Dixie, Boy am I glad I logged on & read your post. I am dealing with a somewhat similiar issue & your post & the responses were very helpful to me. My AS has been calling me alot the last 2-3 days. I am very angry with him over what he recently did to my parents. I haven't been calling him at all & when he calls me I ALWAYS bring up his addiction & faults...........no more !!! I have beren taking things minute by minute & have tried not to lose my temper with him. At first I wanted to blast him but losing it will serve no useful purpose since I love him & only want him to get help. As things go day by day I find myself mostly listening when he calls but also bringing up his addiction & his need to seek help constantly. He gets very upset with me as he says " Can't we EVER have a conversation that is not about my addiction & my faults " After reading this & the responses I can see I was wrong. I have told him how rotten the thing he just did to my parents was & I think from now on I will just leave it at that. When her calls I will talk about normal things. Thanks everyone & you too Dixie for posting this. Dixie I must let everyone else good opinions suffice here as I don't know how to talk to my AS either without putting my foot in my mouth. As Diane said talk about normal things. I know my AS has ben clean the last few days ( at least the times I have spoken to him ) so I should be thankful for that. He also told me someone called him from the post office & said they would try & help him get his job back if he was clean. My AS is really strange though, he won't admit he is using half the time & then he goes & says something like that. I think his self-esteem must be so low that he cannot admit to me how much he is using for fear I will lose it & yell at him. I know he also knows I worry he will od or have a heart attack. . I think he doesn't want to be yelled at & lectured continually but at the same time he needs to talk about it with me........if any of this makes any sense. It is after 1AM & I am so tired I cannot see straight & have no business even typing as I am too tired to think. Dianne, tomorow I am going to buy some jujubees & keep them right by my phone!
Love,
Diane