View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GingerM

I've been on benzos for 4? years now I think. Same dosage pretty much the whole time (excepting when I first started taking them and we were working out the dosing).

I don't feel any kind of euphoria or anything else which would make me want to take more of them, so I never take more than what I'm supposed to take.

They've been a godsend to me. I was not able to tolerate tricyclics or SSRIs at all, trials of both nearly landed me in the hospital each time with physical symptoms ranging from massive vomitting with concommitant dehydration to uncontrollable muscle clenching, high fever and inability to distinguish reality from non-reality. So I'll continue with my benzos, and don't care that I am dependent on them. I feel "normal" when I'm on them, I don't feel high or euphoric, and they seem to work really well for me.

It is possible for benzos to be a long-term solution, but that is a call each of us must make based on what we know of ourselves and of our own decision on how we want to exist in this world. I'll take the tradeoff of dependency for feeling normal, other people might not want to make that trade off.