View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mallowcup

Boy, you'd laugh if you could have seen me try to drink. I tried it. I'd try to drink along side my husband and I'd either be hammered, on a crying jag, a raging witch, or I'd fall asleep and feel like total crap for a week.
In my early twenties, we drank like the fools we were and bounce out of bed to got to work. At 51, nothing bounced anymore.
I've decided that it feels good to feel good. I purposely went to work perdiem so they can call me at any time. I can say yes or no to work but it keeps me on the straight and narrow.
I did realize what a tolerance my husband has built up. He cna drink all day and never really appears drunk.
I never really found "my" drink either. I like kahula and milk but I may as well jsut strap bricks to my hips if I drink them. I liked Vodlka and cranberry but after one, I fall down.
I knew that's when I just had to let it all go, all of it. I see how much of my husbands life is wasted and that's alot of time out a life.
When I drink too much or devote too much time on his drinking, I don't have room or time for anyone else. They all seem like a pain in the butt.
I think if you make a point of seeeing the sunrise and seeing the sun set, it helps you to be grounded and less effected.