Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by dixied View Post
on my post it said to report post. if I said anything wrong I am very sorry. it wasn't my intention. I do not post very often. please pardon me. dixie

Whatever that was, just ignore it, it must have been a glitch.

My thoughts on your question are to wait patiently and let him take it from here. What he does or doesn't do is all about him and I think I'd let him figure his own way out and do his recovery/or not, on his own.

We have a saying here "Hands off the addict...hand's off their recovery" and it really is a good idea. He KNOWS how he is and what he needs to do, don't rob him of the lesson of making a choice, even a bad one.

I found that when I just talked to my son the same way as I would talk to anyone else, and left out his addiction or recovery unless he brought it up and wanted to talk about it, we had a much better relationship.

I tried to imagine what it would be like to have someone call me every day, ask me what I was doing, how I was doing it and telling me what I should be doing. It wouldn't be a good thing, I think.

Keep working on your own recovery, and I have a feeling the rest will just fall in place nicely.

Hugs