Old 04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
faithhopelovejr

Your post is a mimic of what just happened to me. My AH (who will be my ex on May 7) came by to sign the final divorce papers. I was thinking i was going to handle it. He was under the influence (like always) of codeine and soma. I didn't say anything about it. He "acted" like he was thouroughly reading the document, but I'm sure it was all fuzzy. So I was sitting there on the couch waiting. After he read it, he signed it and then kicked back on the couch and started talking about day to day things like he had just signed his income tax return or something. I just got big tears in my eyes and hopped on his lap. I talked to him and cried. He hugged me and told me "I'll always love you..." And "I didn't want this to happen, but that's just the way it goes..." He was 3 sheets to the wind and talking like he was the great philosopher. I didn't get mad. We talked and the subject of $ex came up (no pun intended) and I restrained myself. I told him that wouldn't be good for me. He said yeah, probably not (you know HE KNOWS WHAT'S BEST). I told him I was worried that one day when something really bad happens to him (because it will), that there would be no one to feel obligated to tell me. He acted like that was absurd. So to sum it up, he told me to CALL HIM IF I NEEDED ANYTHING. I told him I wanted and needed a sober husband. He just stared at me. I told him when he gets tired of the life he's living, please call me. I said if you're in the hospital, jail, or wherever. Please call when you're ready to be sober. I told him not to take offense, that I didn't know if he was even capable of understanding this logic, but I choose when he leaves to NOT talk to him UNLESS he's serious about being sober. I said what I know now is that will be the ONLY way that I can have my husband back. He left and I feel sad.

I know where you're coming from. It's a horrible feeling, but it's also in retrospect a type of horrible that I was feeling WITH HIM.