Thread: Falling apart
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
patchoulli

I went thru the same thing. My ex was strong as an ox, he could pick me up and I am not light weight, he herniated 5 discs and fractured his sacrum at a job accident. Before this happened, he didn't believe in pills. This man went from 200 lbs of solid man to 160 lbs and he was 6ft4. We were married 9 months when the accident happened, planning a 2 month vacation to pan for gold in Alaska. He ended up peeing on himself before he got the urge he had to go and underwent 5 back surgeries in 3 years to repair damage and remove an excess of scar tissue that was pressing on the spinal column. He also started abusing his meds, instead 1-2 every 4-6 hours, after awhile he was taking 5 at a pop and crushing them so they worked faster. He was in legitimate pain BUT started selling marijauana out of our home to subsidize buying more narcotics on the street because his doctor wouldn't give him more. He was offered re-hab as an inpatient and refused. His poor judgement[buying a motorcycle and telling me he won it], is an example of the stuff that was going on. He had no business riding a bike, or buying a bike when he was living on a small disability and I was working and going to school full time. I ended up divorcing him when I found 2 pounds of pot in my garage with the scales. His liver had started to fail and he ended up diabetic. I don't know if he is still alive or not. I got sick of watching him nod off in the living room at 5 oclock and used to leave him and go to bed[he slept in the recliner also]. I felt sorry too, I couldn't leave him because this happened, but when he jeopardized my livelihood[I'm a nurse and a drug bust would cost me my license], that was it. I am so sorry for what you are going thru, I wish I had answers for you...good luck