View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome Littleclement. It sounds like his program will continue for quite a while and I think it's good that he is focusing on his recovery and not everything else right now, but I have to say this begs the questions....what about YOU? Your post here tells me lots about him, but how is all this affecting you? What are you doing with your time while you wait for him to get clean and wonder if he will stay clean?

Sweetie, it's a long road, this addiction thing, a lifetime event because even the cleanest recovering addict knows that it's all one day at a time. There are no written money-back guarantees that they will never relapse again no matter how long and how intense the program. Some manage to stay clean forever, some struggle off and on for many years, and some die. As hard as that is to accept, it's a truth that those of us who are in for the long haul have had to face. My son is an addict who has struggled in and out of recovery (presently out) for over 16 years and is still struggling as I write here.

I think you are doing a good thing to read up on addiction, to come here for support, and to educate yourself and know what you can on this subject. Only you can decide if you want to live your life like this or if you want to run for the hills and live a life free of addiction. It's entirely up to you, and whatever you decide, we are walking with you all the way.

Take a read around and make yourself comfortable. There are many here who have been where you are who will also share how this worked in their life.

Hugs