View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blue pansy

Update on my week

It's been a long week,but one that has produced changes, for now, and that's all I could ask for.
AD came home from the hospital on Wed afternoon and was very glad to be home again. Still a big rocky as they had given her some meds for sleep etc.
I asked if she was hungry, nope not now, so I sliced some left over meat and did a few things and announced that I was going out for a bit, stopping in to 2nd job for an hour and would be home later. "What??????"
Needed my meeting more than she needed me, seems like it was a rough week for many of us.
The next day she had to go to mental health and get registered, so I let her have the car. When I got home from work she had cleaned the house and started in on the bathroom. Nice.
Friday she went to the drug and alcohol program to register, and to see about her hours at work, I went to work. She was upset that they treated her like a junkie. Duh.....
I stayed out of her stuff, my main comment now to her is "What are your options?" and let her figure it all out for herself. OK if she missed some I added to her list, but she took it from there.
When asked to mediate adult nieces dispute yesterday I told one what I do in the same type of situation, the only advice I offered was frozen mini bagels for teething toddler. Not mine let them sort it out.
Boy this really works! Now if it would only work on my stupid ear, still infected, Bah.