Thread: Cellulitis
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
thejunkyswife

Yeah, I had mixed feelings about what I was supposed to do last night. I didn't know if I should get in his business in that way--it's really his issue, and it felt like me intervening would have been taking on too much of his stuff. I don't know what the right thing to do would have been. In the same way that I can't keep him from using heroin, I can't keep him from getting a morphine injection.

I think if we were in a situation where he was doing this regularly, like the situation tropikgal described, I would intervene...but he is in a lot of pain. I had hoped that the nurses or the doctors would call him out on the track marks or the ailment that marks heroin abuse--and when they didn't and he didn't say anything, I felt like I needed to detach...you know, that whole thing about not preventing a crisis but also not creating one...

It's frustrating. The whole thing is frustrating.

I would like some advice about the question I asked, though, and less about what I should or shouldn't have done last night or about whether or not he's using. I know he might be using...

Do you guys think I should push the issue of how this infection is heroin related? Or is that taking on too much of his stuff, again? I guess I have to do what feels right to me...but I don't know if creating a situation where I push him to recognize that something he's done is a consequence of his using might be too codie or not--

I am also worried about my own head state. I keep focusing so much on him, his addiction, whether or not he's using...I am kind of tired of the whole subject, but I can' tlet it go, either...