View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GiveLove

newblue,

I'm sorry...I kinda had the same reaction Ann did

I do believe this is some kind of road map for you, though. These feelings are big clues that need to have attention paid to them....because they're trying to tell you what you feel you need more of in life. What is it specifically about this potential relationship that draws you? What elements of it are the most attractive to you? It doesn't seem to be himself...it seems to be his Situation that is gnawing at you. The money, car, stability, your mom's encouragement (how the heck does SHE know how he feels?????? it sounds like she is still harboring hopes) or the fact that he's moved on, or the loss of something you feel you had "then" that you don't have now....something.

The clues can lead you to the kinds of relationships that you really need. You just have to detach them from him and hold them in your own hand.

As for first love never dying, imho that's a bunch of horse hockey. I was out-of-my mind in love several times, each time convinced that it was absolutely the only relationship for me and that it was a soul-connection that would last forever.

The first love has died, and is cremated and buried in an unmarked grave, good riddance. Same with the second. The third one actually has a headstone.....the fourth the same..... If my first love came back, I'd hit him in the head with a shovel. Okay, okay, a bat.

Sorry to sound so flippant but...that's just not something I have ever believed in or experienced

For YOU, however, I wish the best of everything.

Hugs,
GL