Old 04-24-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Mahym

I wanted to say thank you for anyone who took the time to answer me.
I was looking for information, guess I got a bit more than I bargained for... =P

But honestly, thank you. And yes, maybe some of this is harsh, but I've always prefered harsh honesty to coddling, lying and manipulation. Ironically, honesty is a little what got me sucked in I guess. Seeing as the last guy I dated had a bit of a creative definition of the word... guess I was just relieved he was being honest, even if it was about something negative.

I think I just needed a good shake, problem has been that seeing as there was always a chance that my friends would encounter him, I didn't feel I could really talk to them about this, because his alcoholism is his story to tell, not mine.

So as much as there were some beautiful aspects to his personality, manipulation (intentional or not) is not something I am willing to put up with, it bothers me a bit that I wasn't able to see it better... and I can't say I'm not dissapointed. (there is a little too much irony to the fact that I finally get up the courage to ask someone out and THIS is what comes of it).

I'm glad I decided to post on here before I saw him again, gives me a whole lot more to think about, I think I should be able to take the best decision for me... I definitely don't need more drama in my life... and he obviously needs his time to recover.

So thank you, definitely glad there are groups like this for people to turn to.

Nat