View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dixied

to all who have offered their insight I do thank you so very much. Yes, he is in early recovery but I guess my dh is still so saddened by what my son did......you see, my son is his stepson and he became his dad when son was six years old. son is now 32......so you see he(dh) is extremely hurt by what son did. yes, there is money to repay this but it isn't money son earned........so where is the lesson to be learned? To be very honest my son has had a very easy life financially and I don't think he has ever valued much. But I guess that is looking back and I have to look forward, right? And the list goes on and on as to what he has taken from us and sold. It is just that the china held memories to my husband of times when as a young boy he remembers the family table being set with the china, special family times ,and then we had to go on Thanksgiving and get it from a pawn shop, one of the worst times I have ever experienced .........being sold was sort of a desecration. And to tell you the truth I am so humiliated by the things he sold when my husband treated my son as his own child. So I guess in a nutshell I am not only conflicted but caught between a rock and a hard place. I just think my son should take the responsibility at some point. It doesn't have to be immediately right after his rehab stay but at some point. Thanks for listening.................dixie