View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
best
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by andshewas View Post

If Christianity is not out to sell more books, what's with all the Chicken Soup, and Christian Fiction stuff soming out in the last decade? To say nothing of the Left Behind series.....

The "Satan" stuff is not going to help turn anyone's head in this area, I am pretty sure.
Why people write books is of their own agenda. Some do so for the money, some do so to share a message they want to share with people... could be why dawkins is doing it but the thing that drives him and others...the root reason... pride, greed, compassion for others...If a person is selling a book and they are doing so for the sake of Christianity... they would be doing so for compassionate reasons. I know that many do sell books in the namesake of Christianity and do so for other reasons beside compassion for others. I have issue to some degree with some who say they are sharing for the sake of Christianity but are the first in line when it comes to yelling about copyrights. But that is another subject.

As for the satan stuff... You are right. It doesn't sell well. It never sold well for me either... still though... as I study and understand what is written in the bible, I find that statement to be truth...even if it doesn't sell well.
Anyway... Come Monday I will need put claim to one of the TV remotes at 8PM and see what happens. Should be interesting either way.