Thread: Newly here
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Of course it's ok to post here with your family issues as well as *any* addiction issues you may deal with.

I post about my nicotine addiction frequently! I quit using a behavioralist method after 36 years of 2+ packs a day. It's now been One year, four months, three weeks, two days, 8 hours, 42 minutes and 18 seconds since I've quit. That makes it 20334 cigarettes not smoked, saving $5,591.53. Life saved: 10 weeks, 14 hours, 30 minutes.

Your feelings are normal. However, they can turn against you if you don't learn to deal with them in a healthy manner. That anger can turn inward, causing depression. It's imperative that we care for ourselves physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Even atheists admit of a human spirit, huh?

So, we eat right and exercise, or try to...(I'm still working on that, hehehe). And continue to learn throughout our lives. And remember to give ourselves a pat on the back, or a special treat, especially when no one else does. And we meditate or explore art forms that lift our spirits. All of these things help keep us at an even keel. More importantly, they help us to keep the focus on ourselves....the only thing over which we have control.

I look forward to getting to know you as we both grow in our recovery.

Shalom!