View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by andshewas View Post
I think it's the best way, really,when discussing the subject. I have had atheists accuse me of not being...(what? Godless?) enough because I don't try to de-god-ify everyone I meet. These are, of course, the same people who spend endless hours complaining about door-to-door religionists trying to force their beliefs on them. O! The irony! It brings back memories of Chabbad trying to re-kosher my kitchen.

I *do* pipe up if science or politics are being affected by religious intrusion- besides that, and actually trying to (or succeeding in) kill someone, whatever you believe is really up to you and no business of mine.

I am more concerned with actions than beliefs. It is through actions that we build or destroy ourselves.
Ah, another one with experience with Chabad. I had run into them as a child, little did I know they were considered a cult at that time. Scary stuff.

As for the athiest/secular people, many of them don't accept me because although I am into secular recovery, I also hold a deist catholic mixed belief, and they don't consider me in their 'in' group. Their loss.