Thread: 23 Months
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nogard
everything is already ok

Smile 23 Months

Today is 23 Months witout using any drugs for me. OMG nearly 2 years!

Its early on Sat morning and I am processing the fact that I lost my contract yesteday. IBM's policy in our area is to replace contractors so I am out with 2 weeks notice, even though I had asked 7 weeks ago so as to have time to look around.

Anyway, did I pick up? No. Did I panic and wast the day? No. I had a little panic for a few minutes spoke to my sponsors and then the phone rang it was an offer of a contract - lol. I have not taken it yet, better look around and get something I want. Have also decided to stop doing contract work.

Point is a major change out of the blue hardly shook me at all, I have never been able to do that, not even with the 20 years clean I had on my own. Its down to NA, God and you people here.

I asked for Freedom from Drugs - I Got it
The obsession and compulsion was removed along the way
I wished the loneliness would go - it was removed
As I stay close to God and work my program including teh Steps I grow and as I grow I shed light on the past and clean up where needed.

In recovery I was given a life. These days I celebrate this by laughing dancing praying and in service.

Thank you.

Love Kevin

PS I have processed the loss of contract while I wrote this. Things get resolved so fast around here these days.