View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Ten Chips Down

lol Teach ya can't have it both ways. Please quit debating my points if you do not want to debate my points! This creates the need to answer and correct in kind. It is not fair to expect otherwise. To wit:

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
Just because someone else claimed I stated somehting, does not make it so!
I did not claim a numeracy arguement.
You did though.

The belief in a god/gods/ goddesses/G*D has been around through earthly space and time. There is no known place that has not had that type of belief system. For obvious reasons, including community, comfort, and philosophical gratification.

The same cannot be claimed for your pink unicorn!
Examples of both numerum and antiquitatum fallacies.

Since it cannot be proved scientifically, you *must* have faith not to believe.
Are you asking me to "prove" there is no God!?

To prove a negative?? Tsk, tsk, you know better!

Either way--I am not attached to "proof" on this subject.

Now... as Marius said, you are more than welcome to show us all some irrefutible evidence of a uniquely Christian God up there somewhere... but that burden is not on us. Do you see? We have nothing to show. The argument still holds, Teach: Takes more faith to believe.

Her point, as you know, is that people cannot make a blade of grass. Your counter arguement is falacious too, as you should be aware. False generalization, (I think - been a long time since I studied it, hehehe).
Her comment was not fallacious. It was an implied argument for creationism. My answer was not a counter, was not false, was not generalization, though you make a great point in that she was saying humankind cannot create grass.

If you'll cease with these constant ripostes I'll happily endeavor to relate all this to recovery.

Ten