View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Peter

Originally Posted by mjs View Post
Has anyone read the current bestseller The God Illusion by Richard Dawkins. I read this book about 3 months ago and it totally turned my world upside down.In this book, one of the worlds top scientists proves how God almost surely does not exist.

If Mr Dawkins is a "scientist" then Mr. Dawkins should know that it is neither possible to prove nor disprove the existence of God.

How did he come by his proof anyway? Pure mathematics ? Or did he unearth some ancient artefact and slip it under an electronic scanning microscope.

I would very much like to read Mr. Dawkins book but doubt if I'll spend my hard eaned money on a copy so I will wait until I get one to borrow or download excerpts on my puter.

Science is based on "proof" and everybody here knows that.

Those of us who are predisposed to a belief in God can find "proof" everywhere and similarly those of us who don't may want to accept rhetoric as "proof".There is no proof.

Whether God exist's as a singular entity that holds sway over individual lives or he exists as a guiding thought that dwells within me and exhorts me to become a better person I find both concepts to be rather cool.....

.....However, it is hard for me within this shortage of proof to contemplate the enormity of life and our universe and to believe that it originated in a vacuum......