View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
marius404

Through out time most people have believed in a god.
Through out time being some kind of diest WAS a valid opinion.

This is because until relatively recently there was no way to explain the complexity of life. All that changed with Darwin.

If there was a god then there should be evidence for his existance. A universe made by a creator would behave a certain way.

There is NO evidence of a creator.
There is NO evidence of a flying Spagetti monster
There is NO evidence of Santa
and There is NO evidence of an invisible pink unicorn

Until some evidence for the existance of a god is presented there is no reason to say that there is just as much chance that there is a god then that there is not.

Just because many people have had faith or a belief in a god does not mean that god exist. All it means is simply that many people believe in god.

Truth is not a matter of popular opinion.

If believing in god makes you happy it does not mean he exist.
If believing in god gratifies you philosophicaly that does not mean he exist.
If believing in god is what your community does that does not mean god exist.

Show me proof. Give me evidence. Don't tell me all the cool kids believe in god and therefore god exist.

There is no evidence that invisible pink unicorns exist.
There is no evidence that god exist.
Don't tell me that there is more of a reason to believe in a god.

Another way to look at this is that the overwhelming majority of the people on earth believe in a personal god. Comparatively little believe in a deist god. Does this mean that there is a higher probabillity of the existence of a personal god? NO

Thank you for your time have a nice day

P.S. The almighty Pink Unicorn want me to tell you that by denying his existance we are all going to burn in hell. Unless ofcourse we repent. I think Pascal would advise us all to repent immediatly!