Old 04-19-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

I just want to say I went through a period of extreme anger. I still go there. I was angry at my XABF, angry at all men, at all addicts, at all recovering addicts, at recovery at everything about addiction.

In the end it didn't work to stay angry. I never went to another site.. I stayed here and stomped and shook my fist and even left for a couple of days...
I needed that anger to move forward through it and past it (as well as through my grief and past it).

In the end, that is what everyone said... here.. to use the anger to move forward and past it. I had to. I can't maintain anger (too much energy involved and it ends up being too negative).

That is what worked for me.
I was forgiven (I think?) for that here on this site. I would not have wanted to maintain those feelings. Folks here helped me with their gentle kindness to move forward and, after all, forward is what we all want is it not?

Other ways work for other people. I am glad I am here and ever so glad for everyone on SR. Y'all showed me the way to save myself.