Thread: crackreality
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Blackrose2756

Yep. And there was actually another site that gave me the "real" perspective from addicts in recovery & they are not ALL like that. I was told to dump my ex...he was a "loser, from day 1" & would "never be anything else". And when I expressed how it hurt to move on....some woman really laid into me about all addicts being NOTHING & that NONE of them were any good. Well, that's a problem for me because I came through a rehab & some of the people there who saved my life....were recovering crack addicts...even though I was a drunk.

Maybe we shouldn't recommend another site when we are here. Everyone needs something different. I got what I needed from that site. And I do know that not all addicts are trading sex for their drugs nor are all men trash & not to be trusted when they use. You have to remember that this comes from a man who did his research in the worst part of town. And was very much hurt by a woman he tried to help. I have not heard one story of hope or recovery when I was on that site. And I have plenty of personal email from the author of that book telling me what a waste my ex was. And just like some of you parents....I met this man when he was 11. (Long story) I am more than his ex....& it hurts to think that a man that had SO much potential & worked so hard at one time to get clean & sober should be just thrown in the trash because he gave up on himself.

I guess this thread is really hitting nerves.

Lynne