Thread: crackreality
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
iluvmickey
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hello Everyone,

If I remember correctly this all started because someone had recommended CR…..I see no reason that any site should be blasted because it differs from another and from what I have seen there are many with memberships to both sites…….we are all looking for the same thing…..…how to survive…..

Merle, as a parent of an addict, I can feel your pain and understand your hope…..I will have hope as long as I live and no one on either board has ever suggested to me it should be otherwise……I am “a want to know” type of person, I wanted to know everything I could about my son’s DOC, was it hard, Oh yes….but for me I needed to have all of the facts, in order for me to stay strong in my recovery…..we all do what we can live with, was told to me many times…and what may work for me, certainly is not for everyone or the only way…..

I think the main difference I find in the two sites is at CR, the only focus is on the spouse, parent, BF, GF. Etc…..on their recovery, their learning to deal with the harsh facts of addiction and about crack to be realistic……the recovery rate is extremely low, but not impossible….nothing is, and I am sorry if some feel that was the message…..On CR, as with SR, it is a diverse group and each is allowed to post, vent, question or do whatever it takes to get to a place where they can make healthy choices about their life and move ahead……some get through the heartache with anger, some with hurt, all with sadness……..

I applaud anyone who can beat this terrible addiction or any addiction for that matter…..It surely takes a special person with a lifetime commitment to sobriety…..I just wish there was more of them…….