View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:37 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
kb615sb
Between earth and heaven

Thanks Ray of Sunshine
for the support and I am sorry to hear that your H has found himself in the arms of the system...has it changedhim at all or just embittered him. Iknow from my experience that there was so much bitterness that Scott could not see the forrest for the tress for the ten years he was in this last bid....He did his time, but he really learned nothing. Then the world collapsed and they said "by the way Mister B, you can't go home..we believe because of your previous offenses you may be a danger to society...so we are going to hold you pending trial....or ...by the way...at trial if we deam you dangerous the holding time is a day to life." Suddenly he was taken to a facility that is nothing short of a dungeon, told he is no longer a prisoner but a detainee, and now we just wait. Nothing much to do but read trial transcripts andlisten as doctors andlawyers rehash your life with a fine toothed comb and make you look like a monster.....there is AA and there is counselig (if you call it counseling) ..he attends both...but our HP definately reached down from above with an open hand and gave him a good slap across the face to wake him up......

in the mean time I raise my children alone and I do my best to feel like a complete human being..A total impossibilty when my entire life sits in the hands of a state that cares so little for my familial situation..Sobriety believe it or not has not been as hard as it was years ago....now I focus on other things and the desire is gone...I thank my HP for that....

Be Back Later to check in