Thread: crackreality
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Blackrose2756

Sorry. Just sometimes a little more sensitive, that's all. Since my ex walked back into my life in 1997, I have done more than anyone ever has for him. And I gave until I could give no more. Of course, psychiatrists have told me that there is more wrong than just the addiction. (He watched his father kill his 1 year old sister when he was 3 among other things). It still hurts me to think that he'd rather die than get clean/sober. He was diagnosed with cirrhosis about 4 years ago & the people he is with now don't care if he drinks or not. He just moved across the street from a major drug house back home & told me he is trying to get clean. I guess what hurts the worst is that no matter where he is or who he is with....they don't care. This bimbo has gone through more men than I go through underwear in 50 years. She uses one & when he either dies or goes to prison, she moves on. His kids do nothing & have done nothing even when I mentioned interventions. I seemed to be the only one who believed & cared. And I feel like such a failure that I couldn't help anymore. But there is something inside him that causes the violence & the drug use & until he will deal with that...I can't do anymore.

How long have you been clean & sober??

Lynne