Thread: crackreality
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nicole0927
One day at a time...

I have read the crack/reality info and I have to say there were somethings that I could relate to with my abf. As far as the addict making us feel less then, blaming us for their addiction because crack is so different.... I have to disagree only because of my experience.
My ABF has NEVER made me feel like it is my fault. He has NEVER blamed me for HIS addiction. Yes I have been with him during his last 5 relaplses and he has always taking responsibilty for HIS actions. He has never used me I offered MY help and learned MY lesson. The fewthings he did ask me to help with I did and after realizing that I was only hurting him I stopped. The crack/reality for me was about the Crack addict that is ACTIVE. The ones that are Non-active that are really trying with their heart are NOTHING like that post. Everyones situatuion and experiences are different I guess.

As far as the crack is so bad they wont even admit how far they will go to get high, As long as the Addict forgives theirselves and asks forgiveness from their HP what would be the point for them to confess to US. It's their addiciton they made choices and of course for EVERY addict there are things they would never admit to.Get real you don't have to be an addict to have done things in your life for what ever reason and never admit it.Admitting it and forgiving themselves is what matters and that is their HOPE for their recovery. We the non addict choose to stay in that realtionship knowing what they are capable of allowing them to hurt us over and 0over and over again. Just as them we will no when enough is enough. But understanding that we stayed becauise that was the choose we made so when we get in the way of their destructive path and allow them to hurt us who's fault is it then. Their's or Our's? Just as the addict we have choices too.