View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Barbdee

Originally Posted by Done-With-It View Post
So don't give up hope is what i am saying.

Have you seen The Secret? If a man laying in a hospital bed told he was going to be paralyzed for the rest of his life can walk out on the day he told himself he was?? Then how can an addict not repair his life?

My grandpa was told he was going to paralyzed after a Horrible Horrible accident, first they said he wouldn't make it, then they said paralyzed,
he's a stubborn man, he wouldn't not accept that, he does more in a day than most people do in a week.

It's all in how you manage yourself, IMO. I just don't believe that addicts can't repair their lives, I've seen too much in my life for that to be true.
Addicts are Not that helpless, but they do lack the self esteem to believe that they can do it, that's where recovery comes in.

JMO
Thx, Done! Wonder how many of us are using "the Secret"?
I have seen so many science type shows about "irreparable" brain damage, where the brain just created "new" neuropathways on it's own, bypassing the damage, and the people led normal lives, despite the medical prognosis.
Nothing is impossible and everything is possible with trust in HP and ourselves.
Sending prayers, Hurt!