View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
devastated

Trying2

Welcome to SoberRecovery. You sure have come to the right place because here you'll discover that you are certainly not alone.

When I came here back in Nov. 2002, I was just a short putt from the edge. Now here it is 5 years later and standing firmly in the middle of that same mountain.

The addict in my life is my 44 year old son who is presently in prison, oops, just graduated to fire camp for the fourth time. Swear to God he's been in fire camp so many times he could be a fire chief by now.

Anyway it is very painful for us moms to go through this addiction stuff, but just remember it was nothing we did that made them turn to drugs. You could raise 10 kids and 9 can be great. It's just the luck of the draw I guess.
Even my son told me once his using wasn't my fault or because of anything I did wrong.

I always thought I could fix my son too. I did everything but turn blue for him and it didn't work. Nope, this is something that they have to fix themselves. The best way we can help them is by "butting" out and let them find their bottom! It is really difficult to stand by and watch that, but believe me the more you do for them the longer it takes for them to heal.

Love him by making sure he knows where he can find a rehab!

Take care of yourself! Incidentally, men just are built differently from women and are able to turn it off!

Hugs, Devastated