View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 04:19 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
helpus

Sorry, can't spell this morning. "Checking" to see how you are doing. I truley feel for you. The recent relapse of my daughter, I could sence it, the motherly instinct. I would ask her if she was ok, & if she needed help. She would be "what do you mean?, I'm fine" Then I was on my way home on night & saw her car at a place it shouldn't have been (for a recovering addict) I came home & sat in my car in the drivewy for 40 minuets just sobbing. the next day was an appt with my counsler. I told her of the relapse. She was just so helpful. things I knew from here, but I was finally gettiing it, that I can't stop her. it is her journey. The next day my daughter called me & said mom I have something to tell you. I relapsed, I will be going to detox tomorrow morinng, they have a bed. I tried but I can't stop on my own. I din't cry, or yell. I said I was proud of her for picking herself up & getting help. She was so surprised the way I handled it. Parent, I hope you have some face to face support to help you throught this and know we are all her walking beside you. Sending prayers