View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
HolyQow
Royalty

I would start by asking your Mom. She has first hand experience in this field. We also have experience, by living with the A, but it doesn't mean that we are doing things the proper way. We can only tell you almost the exact same stories on how our A in our lives has treated us. We can give advice, but with your mom being a counselor, that would be the first person I would be asking questions from.

You're in the right place and you know there is a problem, so Welcome, and I am guessing in about two months, you will be able to give us some advice

My A also does the accusations. I am a stay-at-home mom and barely have time to take a shower most days.....so I don't know when he thinks I could actually be out having affairs. LOL When I pointed this out once, he actually thought I was getting dressed up, going out, and returning and messing up my makeup/hair to look as bad as it did when he left for work. When he realized how ridiculous that was, he started in that I must be having an online affair.... After you get to the point where you know the stuff he is saying is so pointless, it gets easier, then it gets comical. I can almost predict word for word what garbage is going to spew, directly related to how many beers he has had.

I would say learn how to detach. Know when to not engage an alcoholic when they have been drinking. Then, start setting up boundaries, on what is not acceptable to you.

Read everything here too......it's a gold mine. It's alot to absorb, but it's well worth it. And always remember, this is HIS problem....you can't (and shouldn't) try to fix it.