View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gregsgirl

My boyfriend is insanely jealous!

I have been dating him for a year and a half almost, basically I caught him on the rebound, he split with his wife and we started dating right afterwards, yes I did know this, what i didn't know was that he had a drinking problem. He never showed me that side of him until about 7 months into our relationship. I live in a very small town, everyone knows everyone and their business, so we have fallen victims of some terrible rumours, I can handle those. The problem is, my boyfriend is extremely jealous of any guy that talks or looks at me, or any one of them from my past (I was married, now divorced for several years) He says very hurtful things to me both while he is drinking and while he is sober, then he turns around and is so loving and caring and nurturing. He talks about how he wants to be with me forever, then gets drunk and calls me horrible names. He constantly accuses me now of cheating on him and wanting other men. I DON"T! I have never been this commited to a relationship in my life! I love him with every part of me I have and do everything I can to make him feel secure.He has finally gotten to the point in his life (rock bottom)where he has admitted to being an alcoholic, I'm so proud of him! He has taken the steps to get himself into treatment and now we are just waiting for the call for him to go, but with it and all my support towards his decision (my mom is an addictions councellor), he now is accusing me of just wanting to get rid of him so I can be with other people while he is in recovery! I know it all comes with the alcoholism, but I don't know how to respond to his accusations in a healthy way. I cry alot and that drives him crazy, but I am sensitive and try to be strong but that ONE little tear gets out and it opens the floodgates...how do I be strong for him? for me???