View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

My EXAH is a liar, too. About anything and everything to anyone and everyone. His current favorite is running around telling anyone who will listen that I am on drugs. I am not taking anything now, but I did take some klonopin from my MD for about 60 days several months ago while I was taking care of my father while he wasted away in a hospital for 6 weeks, then spent 8 days in a hospice with him and held his hand when he took his last breath.

All my SOB EXAH had to say to me (while I was looking through pictures to use at the memorial) was 'You don't know how much it hurts me not to see myself in any of the pictures here. I wish God would just take my miserable life.' Then at the funeral home I heard him, standing right in front of my father's casket, telling some perfect stranger about this huge business deal (total lie, no truth to it at all).

I guess saying I am on 'something for my nerves' is the only thing he can come up with to explain to himself why I won't see him or talk to him, and am no longer buying his bs.

Because of course, HE didn't do anything wrong. HE is just a poor little misunderstoond person who has an evil, angry, bitter wife who won't forgive him and has convinced the whole world that he did drugs and abused her for 20 years and formed a big conspiracy against him. (Which explains why he has no friends left, either)

I agree with several above me; they honestly believe that they are telling the truth. That's why they are so convincing.

How do you know if an addict is lying? His mouth is moving.

Sorry for the rant; I am having a hard time being compassionate for my EXAH this morning. Right now he just makes me sick.

(((HUGS)))