View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Laura_P

Since my husband was driving the car while I was puking my guts out in front of my children, I don't think I had much choice. I admitted to him that I had been sneaking more drinks than even what he saw. He wasn't surprised. He has said that he will do anything for me, for us, for our family and for our marriage. While that's all wonderful, I feel even more like s**t that I've been lying to him. He deserves so much better than that. I guess this is the self-esteem part. While I physically feel really good-- no hangover, no problem sleeping,-- emotionally I still feel like crap. I started back on some antidepressants.. and even told my husband that I was taking them. I had once gone to a behavioral therapist about a year ago who prescribed them to me, along with the Campral. I haven't started taking the Campral yet as I am out of it and need a new Rx. Has anyone tried it? Did it work?

Thanks so much for all of the support and advice. I really need to know that there is someplace that I can share these feelings with who have been where I am. It's a HUGE help! While I want to try AA, I am afraid that I will see people that I know, and that they will think "Well, it's about time!" I guess I'm just projecting mt own thoughts here.

I have Bunco tonight... a place where I usually drink quite a bit. I'm trying to decide if I should go or not. I don't think that I'm ready for the temptation.