View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Golfman

Wink

Originally Posted by Laura_P View Post
I'm very nervous about this first week. I'm nervous about telling my frinds, but I think that will be easier than hearing them constantly ask me to have a drink with them. I'm determined to have a better life than this. Both for me and my family. I wish it could be different, and that I could have the occasional social drink without going overboard. But after last night, I know that's not how it is. I'm 39 and I want to live a long and healthy life. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and will be trying to focus myself on more positive things in my life. I want to lose about 20 pounds (Not drinking so much should help!)
Any advice is welcome. I know I will do it this time. I have to!
Laura,

You seem to have a strong desire to do something different this time. Have you ever tried AA? I know that's a bad word for some, but it has helped millions of people all over the world. Remember Laura, you don't have to do this all by yourself. You have a family here at SR but more importantly you have a God lookig over your shoulder waiting for you to ask Him for his help. If you reach out to Him, He will give you what you need if you're really ready to work for it. You also have a family at AA of people are just like you. For the time being, just take it easy. absorb only what you can.

With your stated desire, you will progress as far as you want to. You'll just have to do the footwork that God gives you. In other words, you have to help Him help you.

Chin up now Laura, you're on of His children and he will bless you for sure.

Your friend in sobriety,
steady eddie