View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 01:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

Man.. MORE eye opening here for me! See, the thing is, if I had KNOWN my BF was an addict all the past 6 years before he moved out and became my xABF all of this would have made so much more sense.

Just coming to terms that he was moving out was a lot.. but to discover at the same time he was an addict.. and then to discover for certain 4 and a half months later he was cheating.. and the extent of his lying.. it put the anger meter over the top for me.

But, the upshot is, just like everyone else here says he just lied aobut everything.. just EVERYTHING.

It was amazing.. this guy would say anything to build up the facade of the person he wished he was as opposed to the scumbag he really IS.

He failed at every venture in his life.. from High school to college to the army (yeah.. conditional discharge.. not even worth the effort of a dishonorable and certainly not worth an honorable) to his cleaning business to his photography business to his last gig in surveying that he is currently collecting unemployment from.. all his relationships failed...

Yet he told these lies and stories (like a secret mission for the army.. yeah.. right... ) and he would lie to EVERYONE; his Mom (may she rest in peace) his sisters.. his friends and ME. He just would say some of a lie to all the people he talked to. He was a ROD MAN for the surveyor, yet when he was talking to people he was a "surveyor.." When he talked to people about photographer he became a full time professional photographer (oops.. what happened to being a rod man?)...

Oh it was amazing..
He was really convincing. He sure convinced me.

It is a good thing I found out the EXTENT of the lying AFTER he moved out because if I had found out while he was living here he would have come home to every piece of his clothing, furniture and camera equipment out on the front lawn...

I guess I don't like liars....
But yeah.. to answer your question.. I think lying becomes part of their make up. They do one to cover something up or to look good and someone.. ANYONE.. and if they believe it and they off to the races. I think it starts when they are kids and lying to their parents to cover up something they did they were not supposed to do. They get away with it once or twice and it gets easier and easier.

eventually you can't tell where the lies end and the truth begins.. and neither can they!.