View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

(((Marianeelaine))) Both my kids are addicts, but it was my 17 year old daughter's meth addiction that got me here.

That is a horrible, nasty, awful, scum of the earth drug. It takes them down fast... but down further than I could ever imagine. There is, in my mind, no such thing as a recreational meth user. Anyone who believes that well, sadly, they will likely find out different.

There is much to learn about addiction. It is a HUGE condition. Letting her be an adult and support herself, especially when what she is WANTING to do is just sit home and use drugs, is the right thing to do.

What I found was that attending Alanon helped me more than anything else I've done before or since. I also got the book Codependent No More by Melodie Beattie, and I registered here and come here every day. I learned what I could about addiction, and continue to read everything I can find. There are "sticky" posts at the top of each of the forums here at Sober Recovery (SR), they contain a lot of good information.

(((hugs)))