View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Barbdee

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
so, not trying to stump for the addicts here....but imagine, if you will, that physical/mental CRAVING....where your mind is literally screaming at you -MORE, PLEASE MORE...-and it at times is relentless....i had one of those days not too long ago...out of the blue.....i wanted to rip my hair out. i used every dang tool, every counter action, diversion, mantra, deep breathing, find my happy place action i could think of, or remember reading about...........ultimately all i could do was ride it out and not use. cuz there are two things that will make the cravings subside.........using.......or time. i chose time. i went about my normal daily activities and was surpised that no one else could hear the screaming in my head......

the more addicts use, the worse it gets.....and the worse it gets, the more addicts use......in the midst of that vicious cycle it can seem a helpless, hopeless situation. but that's just another one of addiction's lies......the addict brain will do anything it can to feed it's need.....
Meant to hit the quote button, not the thanks button. Are you asking for help? If so, I can try...if not, maybe it will help someone else.
We all have a light inside us, our soul, or the god within...it's NEVER hopeless, just at an impasse in your life. If you turn it over to that light within, the brain will follow.
Once you realize, or our addicts realize, we are all evolving, it will become clear. It's going to happen whether we want it or not. Addicts will eventually become whole. There is NO choice in this...it's a definite predestined thing for all of us. It may take a few lifetimes, but why wait? It's going to happen eventually, the hard way or the easy way.
So glad you made it through...next time, remember you are stronger with that light within than any craving could possibly be.
Hugs, SM